Sunday, July 1, 2012

Ted - Review

"OK so that's where we'll draw the line."

Ted is funny.  Honestly though... I wanted it to be more outrageous, laugh til you cry, offensive, over-the-top, unbelievable, shocking, gut-busting funny.  And only some scenes were close to that.  So I was a little disappointed.  Don't get me wrong, Ted has some really funny stuff.  I just expected a live-action version of the "Family Guy" humor to be better than it was.  The film focuses too much on the Mark Wahlberg-Mila Kunis relationship, which nobody really cares about.  Let's be honest, you're going to this movie to see a stuffed animal to completely ridiculous shenanigans.  As always though, go see it and judge for yourself.  Ted gets laughs, it just won't cement itself as a new & influential comedy classic like The Hangover or Bridesmaids.

out of 5

P.S.  My favorite part of the movie was its (now familiar to me) Boston setting.  It made me miss the city and look forward to going back in August.


No comments:

Post a Comment